Managing Veterinarian | Surrounding Philadelphia Area
My Pet's Veterinary Center
Location: Hainesport , New Jersey
Type: Full Time
DVM or equivalent
Internal Number: 18211
My Pet’s Veterinary Center is looking for a Managing Veterinarian to join their team!!
My Pet’s Veterinary Center is a progressive, AAHA-accredited practice, and our top priority is to offer the highest quality medicine in a compassionate and customer-friendly environment. We are seeking a Managing Veterinarian to join our team of dedicated veterinarians. The ideal candidate is an experienced leader who is committed to providing gold-standard care to clients, will foster a positive work environment, and can partner well with our Hospital Manager daily.
My Pet’s is in beautiful Hainesport, New Jersey. In Hainesport, you get the best of both worlds. There is close access to parks and outdoor activities, and only a short drive to the beautiful beaches of the Jersey shore, Philadelphia, and NYC. Hainesport is an ideal place to live, giving you that small-town feel, while not being far from more metropolitan areas.
For more information please visit: https://www.mypetsvetcenter.com/
The Managing Veterinarian is responsible for providing medical leadership for the hospital, managing associate veterinarians, assuring regulatory compliance relating to the practice of veterinary medicine, and directing staff.
The Managing Veterinarian is also responsible for creating an environment of teamwork in which quality medicine is delivered. In partnership with the Hospital Manager, the Managing Veterinarian is responsible for the financial performance of the hospital, preparing operating and capital budgets, and meeting budget expectations.
Advancing Medical Care
• Oversees surgical and medical cases for all doctors, insuring positive outcomes, accurate estimates, and client communication and education.
• Maintains and improves the quality of medical and surgical procedures.
• Answers client questions and concerns regarding medical and surgical procedures.
• Oversight and direction of medical standards and quality of care.
• Establishment of medical protocols.
• Recommendation of hospital inventory.
• Assure current licensure of all veterinarians.
• Documents the required hours of continuing education credits per calendar year and CE completion.
• Oversees transfer of medical cases from doctor to doctor.
Leading Staff and Practice
• Participates in the recruiting and interviewing process for veterinarians, and when appropriate general staff members.
• Monitors veterinarian performance and production.
• Prepares veterinarian work schedules.
• Develops and monitors hospital-specific client compliance protocols and procedures.
• Participates in technician appraisal and counseling sessions by relaying appropriate information to the Hospital Manager.
• Partners with the Hospital Manager to make hiring and termination recommendations.
• Trains all medical staff, including the mentoring of new graduates.
• Supports the Hospital Manager in the development and delivery of staff training programs.
• Creates a positive work environment and works with the Hospital Manager to resolve staff problems, concerns, and conflicts.
• In partnership with the Hospital Manager, develops a workplace conducive to high employee morale, ensuring positive working relationships between clients, doctors, and staff.
• Minimizes waste and controls costs relating to medical supplies, surgical instruments, and drug inventories.
• Responsible for the financial performance of the hospital including revenue and hospital contribution growth, which includes managing all hospital expenses.
• With the hospital team and supported by the Divisional Leadership, prepares an annual planning matrix, operating budget, and capital budget.
• Takes ownership of the revenue and success of the practice by monitoring key financial reports.
Growing the Practice
• Partners with the Hospital Manager to drive patient visits and community involvement.
• Capable of championing change and driving innovative programs in the hospital.
• Monitors client service, marketing, and NVA growth initiatives
• In partnership with the Hospital Manager, continually looks for ways to innovate operational practices that improve the growth of the practice.
Skills and Basic Qualifications
• Graduate of an AVMA-accredited college or have successfully passed the ECFVG certification program or the PAVE certification program.
• Licensure in good standing to practice in the state in which the applicant is to be employed
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• A commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding the veterinary code of ethics
• The ability to delegate responsibility and achieve results with hospital team members
• Capable of quality decision making
• The ability to coach, correct, develop, and motivate employees
• Demonstrates excellent time and task management
• Demonstrates professional and courteous presentation with staff and clients
National Veterinary Associates is a leading global pet care organization united in the love of animals and the people who love them.
NVA, a community of approximately 1,400 premier locations consisting primarily of general practice veterinary hospitals in addition to equine hospitals and pet resorts, and Ethos Veterinary Health, which consists of 145 world-class specialty and emergency hospitals, are rooted in a culture of compassion and innovation.
NVA and EVH’s innovative, collaborative approach underpins a shared commitment to delivering exceptional veterinary care. For more information, visit www.nva.com.
The Nebraska Veterinary Medical Association is the recognized voice of veterinary medicine in Nebraska. We organize local and statewide events for professional development, networking, and communications.