Associate Veterinarian (FT or PT) for a progressive & fun-loving team in Springfield, IL
Laketown Animal Hospital is looking to add a PT or FT associate veterinarian to our growing, six-doctor, AAHA accredited small animal practice.
We are looking for someone who is hardworking, motivated, and who wants to practice excellent medicine as part of a team. Experienced veterinarians or new grads are welcome. We offer a mentorship for new grads, including consultation on cases, assistance/guidance in surgery, weekly rounds, and an introduction of the new team member to clients to help them build their own client base.
Our doctors work as a team, routinely consulting with each other about cases; this wouldn’t be possible without our outstanding support staff. Each doctor has a dedicated technician/assistant for their entire shift, then there are several additional assistants to help out where needed so you can maximize your time actually practicing medicine. We provide a supportive environment to allow our vets to practice in all areas of clinical medicine and surgery. Pursuing additional training in an area of interest is encouraged.
Hospital equipment includes:
• Digital whole body and dental radiography
• CO2 surgical laser
• In-house lab including Heska CBC, chemistry, and PT/PTT machines
• Digital medical records
• Heated surgery table with ECG, pulse ox, ETCO2 monitors
• ECG with monitor and printout capabilities
• K-laser class IV therapeutic laser
• Competitive guaranteed base salary with production bonuses paid out quarterly
• Paid health insurance
• 401K with 4% employer match
• Optional vision and dental insurance
• Paid life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment policy
• Short-term and long-term disability (including paid maternity leave)
• Paid professional memberships
• Paid VIN membership
• Paid malpractice and license defense insurance
• Paid vacation and sick time
• Veterinary services and inventory at cost plus 10%
• 4 days/$1500 continuing education stipend per year
• Lab coat/scrubs allowance
• No on-call or after hours/weekend/holiday emergencies - your time off is yours
• Flexible scheduling, so we can work with you to tailor your schedule to meet your work/life balance needs
• Sign-on bonus or a budget for moving expenses is available
Springfield, the capital of Illinois, is a big city with a small-town feel, located an hour and a half from St. Louis and 3 hours from Chicago. Springfield is the home to three universities, an airport, a medical school, and two hospitals. Springfield and the surrounding communities have a cost of living that is less than the national average with top-rated schools and a stable job market due to the large number of jobs in government and healthcare.
Learn more about us at: LaketownAnimalHospital.com or check us out on facebook for a virtual facility tour.
Email your resume to Jelena Peterson at email@example.com
or call us at (217) 529-4211.
We may be the only clinic you’ll ever want to work for!
About Laketown Animal Hospital
Laketown Animal Hospital is a small animal hospital located in central Illinois with six veterinarians on staff. We are family owned and operated and have been in the Springfield area since 1961. Our mission is to provide quality healthcare with the highest standards of compassion; to partner with our clients to nurture and preserve the human-animal bond; and to promote the welfare of pets. Laketown Animal Hospital is proud to be an accredited member of the American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA).