VCA La Riviera Animal Medical Center is seeking an experienced Associate Veterinarian to join our busy, neighborhood small animal practice in Sacramento, California.
We see dogs, cats, and pocket pets. Our experienced and knowledgeable medical team, consisting of 4 RVTs, 5 veterinary assistants, a dedicated hospital manager, and 3 well-trained, friendly receptionists, is fully trained on the latest veterinary medicine and procedures, ensuring our patients receive the best veterinary care in the industry.
About the Hospital
- Our well-appointed hospital includes 4 exam rooms, a treatment area, a surgery suite, and boarding & bathing areas.
- In-house laboratory capabilities include a CBC, Chemistries, Electrolytes, Felv/FIV, Parvo, & Pancreatitis Snap tests, and cytology. We use Antech laboratories for all other diagnostics.
- We have digital radiography and send these to a Radiologist for an expert opinion.
- Digital Dental radiographs & Ultrasonography.
- Complete pharmacy –large inventory of established pharmaceuticals as well as many of the latest developments.
- Complete stock of Hills, Royal Canin, and treats for both dogs and cats.
- Surgical monitoring and support includes Cardell, VetStat, PetMap, and fluid warmer.
- Strong involvement with local shelters.
- Strong focus on client education.
As a member of the VCA family, your passion for medicine and compassion for pets and people is matched with a commitment to your professional growth. Among the reasons to consider joining VCA are:
- Network of 3,800+ doctors, including more than 600 Specialists.
- Largest provider of Private Practice Internships and Residencies in the U.S.
- WOOF University, offering abundant CE for Doctors and Staff.
- Robust Clinical Studies program.
- Opportunities to give back through strong Shelter partnerships and VCA Charities.
VCA La Riviera adds value to your compensation package with the following:
- Competitive salary plus bonus potential.
- Medical, Dental & Vision insurance (for F/T employees only).
- Generous CE allowance.
- Opportunity to teach and mentor.
- Life and Long Term Disability insurance (for F/T employees only).
- Professional Liability coverage.
If interested in this opportunity, please click here. You will be taken to the job description on VCAJobs.com, where you can learn more and apply online.